Saturday, July 7, 2012

Grocery Haul + Recipe



I finished my 10 days of Attack to get down to the 5 lbs I needed for the 40 lbs loss, but to be honest, I really missed "my" diet, and it was hard going back to mostly protein.  My intestines were all whacked from day 2 to the last day.  I was away, so it was nice getting back and going to the store for some real food, as my food choices while away were not the best, not totally unhealthy, but not the greatest either.


I just got back from a mini vacation for the 4rth of July!  It was nice not having to hide at the beach, and being able to wear all my fun summer clothes.  I had an amazing time, and it felt longer than it actually was, which is always great for mental health!  Being away from reality helped me to put a lot of things into perspective.  I had been dramatizing things, and somehow with the right scenery all the drama fell away.  I tried to stick primarily to the Dukan PV diet while away, but I did have a few drinks, and I couldn't leave without getting a small scoop of Key lime pie ice cream.  Other than that I think I was ok diet wise.




Now that I'm back home, I want to return back to my food pyramid (see earlier post).  I think I will have to revise it a bit because I have a better idea of what works for me, and what doesn't.  As you can see from the picture above, I'm back to primarily RAW again, but really it's what I crave in the summer.  I just made the best tomato salad, that I keep in the fridge and eat as is, or even top over salads.  I basically lived off this my last summer in Italy.  Here's the recipe...




TOMATO SALAD...
Green Tomatoes
Red Tomatoes
Fresh Basil
Chopped red Onion
Dried Oregano
White Balsamic Vinegar
Flax Seed Oil (or EVOO)
Salt

*Play with the amounts to your liking
ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment