Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tools of the trade

I wanted to show you the tools that have basically replaced my stove...


It took me a long time to be able to acquire such machines, and I want to stress that it's not necessary for a healthy lifestyle, but man-oh-man, does it help!!!!

When I first started I had the very basics a $30 dehydrator, a $29 juicer, a ninja blender, but as I used these products more and more, I began to realize that I needed to go from the honda of appliances and upgrade to the Porsche of machinery and kick this healthy stuff into high gear!!!

I'm still waiting for the appliance that will allow me to have an extra three hours per day to be able to dedicate more into my food prep, but for now I'm still juggling with the old fashioned techniques for time management.

I've realized that as my biggest obstacle to staying true to my diet has been poor time management.  I know that I have to make my health TOP priority, which means keeping fully stocked on organic fruits and veggies, having them properly rotating, so they don't all ripen and go bad at the same time, and so I always have fresh ripe food to eat when I'm hungry.  Also, having the right kinds of staples available to make the recipes I love.  Taking the time to wash, peel, chop, etc.  Oh there's so many other things that this topic could be it's own blog post, so I'll keep it simple.  The point is- not taking the time to do these things means not having the right kinds of food easily accessible, and having to turn to the outside world for food choices- and let me tell you that's pretty much going over to the DARK SIDE!

Ok, all kidding aside.  I wanted to write this post because as you can see I've really made an investment here.  Not just a BIG financial investment, but also a personal and psychological investment to stay true on my journey.  I'm still trekking along this path, making choice, mistakes and victories, and I am so happy to be sharing all of these- with all of YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment