Thursday, May 10, 2012

Recipe: Guilt-free mini Pizza

~ 42 Calories/mini pizza 


I wanted to experiment in trying to make a non-wheat healthy pizza.  I wanted to substitute the dough, which is really the worst part for the waistline.  What I ended up doing was substituting eggplant (aubergine) for the pizza dough.


Pizza crust:
1/2 eggplant cut into slices and dehydrated overnight
(I think this might also be doable in the oven- turn and don't allow to burn)

Pizza Sauce:
1 Can of organic diced tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
1/4 red onion
10 large basil leaves (fresh)
chop together in a food processor

Pizza:
Take your hardened eggplant and add 1-2 tbs of sauce.  Then top with a light sprinkling of cheese.  I used raw sheep cheese, but you can use a low-fat cheese for dukan.  Or just omit for bruschetta. Garnish w/small basil leaves and you've got healthy mini pizza!



3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm that sounds so good! I would have never guessed by looking at the picture that those were eggplant. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! And you are doing SO WELL!!! Congratulations ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! Pizza is a huge stumbling block for me. I will have to try these.

    ReplyDelete