Monday, May 21, 2012

BEFORE & NOW PICS

BEFORE
NOW


So I am currently down ~37 lbs, have past my half-way point and have 33 lbs to go.  I have days when I feel really thin, and days where I feel like I still have sooooo far to go.  This past weekend was the first weekend in a really long time that I went out partying.  I made some choices that were probably not the best, but still they were drastically different from any choice I would have made in the past.  I was really craving bad carbs this weekend, pad thai, lo mein, pizza, but it's the one thing I won't let myself have.  I feel like even having one small carb will be a very slippery slope.  Obviously, I DO have carbs like veggies, but you know which carbs I'm speaking of... the dreaded pastas, rice, bread-- all those refined carbs that go straight for the gut.   So this weekend when I felt hungry for something, I allowed myself to have some more protein then I would normally have.  
Now the weekend is over, and I'm back on track.  I have finally joined the gym, and tonight I really PUSHED IT!  It felt great!  I went to the store after my workout and got some healthy veggies, and some tuna steaks and salmon.  Now that I feel more comfortable with my diet, I want to focus more on my fitness plan.  I have been doing a half an hour of cardio (~300 calories) and then half and hour to an hour of strength training.  I am seriously thinking of getting a trainer, just so I don't feel so intimidated with some of those machines.  I need to think seriously about what my goals are for the next couple of months.  
My BIG goal was getting to my half-way point, and although I feel like I've come a long way I can't let myself think it's enough- I have to push through.  Summer's coming so that will be a great motivator.   
I am really happy with the way my body is dealing with the changes, but I really want to start toning up.  
The "now" picture was taken today after my workout, so it didn't come out so great and I've actually lost a lot of weight in my face, which doesn't show in the above pictures, so I'll do just a face shot below.

      
               
         BEFORE
NOW

4 comments:

  1. You look great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! You look fantastic! Imagine what another 30 lbs will do!

    Congratulations on joining the gym! That's the first step, now to consistently go and work hard at it! You will see yourself firming up and looking fabulous in NO TIME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys--
    Sorry it's been a while since I've written, but I was a little confused as to what direction I wanted to take with my blog. As I mentioned, I started incorporating different things into my diet like fruit and cheese, which are technically non-dukan foods, so I wanted to change up the blog, and I guess I got a little blocked b/c of that, but I'll figure it out soon. Thanks for all the support!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible photos - what a difference!!! You are doing the right thing! Getting a trainer for a few sessions is a great idea, BTW.

    ReplyDelete