Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 4: detox symptoms

 



DAY 4

This is my fourth day on a 99% raw food diet.  I've started to notice detox symptoms.  The first day I had a headache, and then the following days some intestinal bloating, and strange noises in my tummy.  Today I  can tell the toxins are working their way out, as my skin is getting icky.  I had breakouts on my face and body.   I felt hungry today throughout the day and had some cravings for cooked food like oat bran or air popped popcorn- nothing bad- just cooked.  I went into a bakery with a friend from work and everything looked and smelt delicious, but that didn't tempt me, as I'm not much of a sweets person, but on the way back I walked by the BBQ restaurant and "Oh, my God!"  The cravings started up.  I knew I just had to make it home, and I would eat something raw and yummy, but I left work late and then had to do some errands and didn't get home till late and didn't eat till 11pm.  I had a YUMMY raw kale salad, which is one of my favorites, and there, another day down!
I want to go to the doctor this week to do some blood work.  I want to see the difference before and after the cleanse.  Also to make sure nothing harmful is going on.  I hope this detox passes soon, as I've been getting super tired in the afternoons and all I want is a cup of coffee.  That's probably the reason for my headache on Day 1.  Also, I've been having a runny nose since Day 3.  I was worried I'd be coming down with a cold, but it's apparently one of the symptoms.  I need to put some echinacea powder in my green drinks to boost my immune system.
This too shall pass...

No comments:

Post a Comment