Sunday, February 12, 2012

If this is a diet, let me never eat normal again!!!

Chili con carne (~200 cals)

If this is a diet, let me never eat normal again!!!
I just made the BEST dinner!  I had some ground beef and didn't want to do burgers or meatballs, so I said, "Hey it's my PV day- let the vegetables carry me away!"  I decided to make a chili con carne loaded with veggies.  If you try any of my recipes-- try this one!!!

Chop up some red and yellow onions and garlic. Take ground beef and grill it with the onions/garlic - don't use oil because the ground beef will release it's own grease.  Once you see the meat has lost it's red color-- add in a packet of of Goya Sazon let it cook a bit till it's colored evenly.  THEN-- take the contents and put through a colander to drain out the grease-- while that's going on.  Put 2 cans of fresh diced tomatoes in same pan.  Add in 2-3 springs of finely chopped cilantro, and let simmer while you chop veggies.  Remember the meat is still draining.  Chop a bunch of your favorite peppers- the more colors- the more fun!  Put the meat/onions/garlic back into the pan with the tomatoes/cilantro.  Add in another packet of Goya Sazon, a chicken bouillon cube, and salt to taste-- ALSO add in some hot sauce for SPICE and mix!  Then add in your peppers.  You can add a bit of water if it gets too thick.  let it cook and simmer allowing all the flavors to mingle- stir occasionally.  Let cool and serve.  The picture does not do it justice.  
I also took really crunchy romaine lettuce and scooped it up like I would have with tortilla chips.




Also, I went out for dinner the other night to a mediterranean restaurant and I had the lamb/chicken kebab.   It came with a little shredded salad and I opted not to have the rice, and they were nice enough to offer me sautéed veggies- tomatoes, onions, squash, and okra.  I'm telling you I am really not missing my old food choices.  After dinner they brought over some baklava, and I offered my piece to my friend and enjoyed watching her eat it.  She's thin and loves sweets, so it was a win-win situation :D

No comments:

Post a Comment