Sunday, February 26, 2012

Nike Fuel Band- I want it!




Nike Fuel Band -- I want it!!!!

So this is a short little video of my next little fitness toy I'd like to purchase.  I think it runs for about $150. I already have the Nike+ which I absolutely love, but find it a bit limiting in that it only tracks walks/runs, and sometimes when it rains I like to dance inside the house- this fuel band would tell me how many calories I burn - no matter what I do!  Also, for the Nike+ you have to have the Nike+ shoes, which I think they all are now, but if I'm not wearing my Nikes and want to go for a long walk- I can't use it.  The Nike fuel band would work with any shoes, or even no shoes at all, for that matter.


My only concerns are:
1) how accurate is it?
2) can you track individual workouts- or is it just a running log for the day?
3) how well does it sync?
4) it's NEW - so have all the glitches been worked out?
5) IS IT WORTH THE PRICE????
(if anyone can answer these ---PLEASE comment thanks!)


For now, I'll stick with my Nike+  I think I paid about $20 for it, I think there's another version with an adapter for iPods (you don't need this for iPhone) which is a little more.  It logs in all my stats and goals for my walks/runs, and I can sync it to playlists on my iPhone, and even set a "power song" for when I really need to PUSH IT!  (mine is Eye of the tiger).

Even if I wanted to get the Fuel band, it's totally SOLD OUT, so it gives me time to research my concerns a bit more, BUT if there aren't too many problems with the technology-- I think I might just splurge on this when I hit my HALFWAY POINT (35lbs lost) ~15 pounds from now, which will hopefully be in about a month and a half :D



Nike +

No comments:

Post a Comment