Tuesday, February 28, 2012

If it looks GOOD, it probably tastes BETTER



Last night I went to the grocery store, and I decided to get some ground turkey, to try with my Chili recipe.  I came home for lunch and was really hungry, but didn't have the time to make the Chili, so I decided to make it for dinner, BUT use some of the ground turkey to make burgers.  It sounded kind of boring at first, so I played around in the kitchen and in no extra time (while the burgers were grilling) garnished the plate with some lettuce and tomatos for the burgers and some mustard and green tabasco on the side for dipping, and then just placed my burgers over the veggies and topped with red onions.  It looked so much more appetizing and actually a bit more healthy than just 2 patties - plopped on a plate.  Playing with food lets me express my creativity-- and I have to say-- if it looks GOOD- my brain often gets tricked to thinking it tastes BETTER than it actually does.

2 comments:

  1. That looks SO good! It is all about presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, instead of just eating protein for dinner, you added a few vitamins with the veggies! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete