Thursday, March 1, 2012

Look but don't touch!


Tonight is my niece's 3 month birthday (party), so I decided to make my signature flan.  I was going to attempt to make something Dukanian, but in the end figured I would make the flan because my family loves when I make it.  I will bring it to the party, but I won't be having any.  It's funny how my brain has changed AND with it, my associations to food.  To me the flan is not "food" it's just a "thing" as if I was bringing flowers- just a gift- cause to me- the flan is not on my Dukan list and therefore not something I can eat.   So here it is- my "creation", although I think it looks great- I can't tell you what it tastes like.

2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing!

    This year for Christmas I made all my friends Sucre a la Creme... it smelt so good. I even experimented and put crushed skor in some of it. Everyone would tell me how delicious it is and the Sucre a la Creme has a special meaning to me since my Great Grandmother used to make it. It wasn't hard not eating it but I did feel a little pang.

    This flan has the same association to you, your family. I'm glad you were strong and didn't eat a bite!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment. That's exactly why I made it! You understood exactly! I didn't want to punish them because I couldn't eat it-- and I LOVE making it just to see them enjoy it- really- they literally close their eyes when they eat it- how could I pass up seeing THAT??? Not having some wasn't too hard- it was harder to not have a "taste" and just be ok with it even though I'll never know if came out "ok" or not-- it's ok- I'll take their word for it ;)

    ReplyDelete