Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dukan update and future plans


All Going in the right direction!

Today I am at 27.6 lbs lost.  I feel great and totally motivated to reach my mid-way point (35lbs lost).  This is the way I chunk things down-- "I need to loose 2.4 more pounds then I'll be at 30 lbs lost, then just 5 lbs after that and I'll be at my half way point!!!"  

So my goal for April is to join a gym and get on a serious strength training routine.  I went shopping yet again, and dug out a bunch of clothes fromt the back of the closet from last year when I bought clothes too small thinking I'd fit into them and never did.  Those fit now, and the ones I bought the other day I bought one size down, so I can work towards getting into them comfortably.  So my closet is full of of fun new spring and summer dresses!  I did notice, while I tried them ALL on last night, that I really need to work on TONING my body- especially my midsection.  

I got the "Brazil butt lift" workout videos, I bought the new Nike fuel band (Earlier post) and I will have a gym membership April first- So my focus will shift from eating habits (which I am confident I have down) to fitness habits.  Remember- I am looking for a complete transformation, not just weight loss, so I need to make sure that these habits I'm training for become routine, and customary practice for me.  I worked really hard on the nutritional aspect of this, mostly through educating myself and listening to my body, and I feel like my healthy habits have sunk down into my subconscious where I don't have to constantly be thinking about what I'm eating- my brain just knows the things I WON'T eat.  

I am so happy that I made the change from the traditional Dukan Cruise Phase to my modified PV Cruise Phase.  I feel great, my skin is no longer dry, my digestion has improved back to normal, and I feel better about what I'm eating.  I eat a lot of veggies everyday, and I can't ever imagine not having that as a staple in my diet.  I want to look into juicing as well, but one thing at a time.  The other day at work, the healthy salad girls were complementing me on my lunches.  They said "you're lunches always look so good and so healthy."  That was so great to hear!!!!  I was that girl ...and it's true- I cook with a lot of veggies, so I always have very colorful meals.  

I think that when I get to my half way point, I will make further modifications to Dukan, such as adding in quinoa and lentils, also maybe up my oat bran to 3tbs/day.  I really enjoy having my oat bran with half a cup of the organic almond coconut milk, and I starting adding a bit of flaxseeds to it and 1 truvia packet (I microwave it like oatmeal).  I think the addition of these complex carbs will be balanced out by my new exercise routine, and my calorie counting (myfitnesspal.com).  As always, I track everything, so if it doesn't work out- it's back to PV days!  

All in all I am soooooooo happy!  Starting Dukan was the greatest way to gain control again!  Even if I've made my own tweaking-- I don't think that I would have made it to where I am today without the Dukan jumpstart!  Now, I'm hoping that the new fitness program will help me even further my goals and get to my ultimate goal - 70lbs lost- in an even healthier way!!!

MAKING AN ADDENDUM TO TODAY'S POST...
Just got back from my 5K and realized-- there's no reason to wait for April 1st-- I'm starting my fitness plan TODAY!!!  I will make a new page after my "weigh-in" page to track my workouts.  This will probably be updated daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment