Monday, March 19, 2012

Help me find my drive!



I think it's time to come up with a new strategy.  I feel like I'm starting to loose my motivation.  I'm still committed, but I feel like my drive isn't at the level that it was when I started.  I think it's because breaking 200 was such a big deal for me that when I achieved that, it's like I had accomplished my goal.  Obviously, I need to keep going, but I need more things to move me than just my eating habits.  I think it's also because I feel I've gained control over this area of my life even on a bad day.
I need to start focusing on the fitness portion of my transformation.  I have to confess that for the past 2 weeks my exercise routine has been almost nonexistent.  I walk quite a bit to/from work, but no where near what I was doing before the job (~5k/day).  I feel like there just isn't time in the day, but I know that's  just an excuse - people do it!  I don't know, It might just be hormones, but I feel guilty because I feel like I should be on cloud nine-- I've lost 25 lbs, I have my dream job, I've de-cluttered my life-- things are finally as they should be, so why am I not ecstatic???????
Before, when I felt like it was all impossible, I had such drive, motivation, and tenacity, even with all the odds against me.  Now that I have a hold on the things keeping me back-  I don't feel that same drive.  Do we really need DRAMA in our lives to push us?
I guess I need to find something that drives me- I've been thinking of joining a gym, or taking up some kind of fitness class-- SOMETHING to get me out of this rut!  Any suggestions????

5 comments:

  1. Hey there, I find that looking at people's befores and afters inspire me tremendously, I don't know what it is about them, probably the realisation that if they can do it, so can I. I especially love looking for the ones that are bigger than I was when they started (those are few and far between)
    Give it a go and see how you feel!
    Secondly I'm inspired by old clothes fitting me again, throughout the years I've kept so many clothes in the hope that one day they'll fit again, ofcourse I only kept the nice ones, the fugly ones are gone. By fitting into gradually smaller and smaller ones, I keep myself going. There is nothing that beats the feeling of a loose pair of jeans that you could barely squeeze in a month ago after having lost a few pounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janie-- I agree Before/After pics are a GREAT motivator!!!! This past weekend I did some shopping as well-- I was able to buy a dress size 12- I was a 20 when I started. That felt really great, but I feel like I need something in my routine. I am doing really well with the nutritional part - I need to really start focusing on the exercise now. I'm thinking of maybe joining a gym-- but I want something even more challenging. Maybe even a personal trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gym even though I'm not going myself right now. But it might be worth having a couple of personal trainer sessions!! Also take your measurements as sometimes you might not be losing weight on the scales but you will be as your muscles will be growing and your fat reducing!! Good luck. Oh and buy a new pair of jeans or something. Make them a little tight so you are encouraged to fit them well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok- so last night I went SHOPPING-- I bought things that were on the small size hoping that I'll fit into them soon. Spring is near, and I am looking forward to wearing more dresses. It was so nice shopping at the regular store at the regular department and not for PLUS sizes. I only bought shirts and dresses- I will hold off on the pants till I loose more. Plus I think I have range of jeans in my closet that that go down to a size 8. I need to start throwing out the old (BIG) stuff. Thanks girls! I'll post pics of the new clothes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely go for a something challenging. I started a bootcamp class twice a week 2 weeks ago. After the first day I couldn't move, every inch of my body hurt. It makes you so aware of your body, feeling every muscle. You also realize that walking is just not enough. I had knee surgery a while back and all my muscles were gone as a result. To be healthy it is great to lose weight, but we NEED to also exercise. I am the biggest sloth, but I am really trying hard, and I need to try even harder. Hopefully it will help the weight go down, the fat weight, even if the muscle weight goes up, but mostly it will make you feel better, stronger and happier (love the endorphins).

    ReplyDelete