Sunday, March 4, 2012

Planning for healthy snacks...

Tomorrow I start my first day at the new job.  I wanted to make sure I stocked up the fridge with lots of healthy snacks to take to work.  I will eat my usual breakfast (4 egg whites with ham & coffee) at home, and then pack 2 snacks (am/pm) and a lunch.  I made a HUGE batch of my Chicken Tikka Masala (see recipe), and I'm going to freeze it for the week.  I will also probably take salmon or tuna for my PP days.  I figure if I have good snacks on hand I can have a smaller lunch and then eat dinner when I get home.  These are some of the snacks I got.  They're mostly dairy, but I don't usually have dairy in meals other than snacks....

Imitation crab (0% fat)- 3 small pks

Fage Greek Yogurt (0%fat)- 14

Toasted Coconut Vanilla Yogurt (0%fat)- 1-4pk

Celery- 1 bag
Sliced Turkey Breast (97% fat free)- 0.5 lbs

Fat free Swiss Cheese - 1 pk
Fat free/Sugar free Cheesecake pudding - 3 bx
(for special days that I need a treat and I exercise a lot)


Fat free/Sugar free Boston Cream Pie Pudding- 1 pk (6)(for special days that I need a treat and I exercise a lot)


5 comments:

  1. Yum! Watch that you don't eat too much crab though, I think you are only allowed a certain amount because usually there is sugar in the ingredient list.

    Good luck as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crab sticks / fishsticks - limit 8 per day apparently. Hope everything goes well for you xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those Toasted coconut yogurts! I have a whole shelf of them in my frig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it took me a while to respond-- thanks guys for your suggestions. So far the job is AMAZING!!! The Diet is great, and now I walk a lot more (to/fro work ;) More details to come soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Athena

    Your blog is gorgeous! Such an inspiration to read what other people on the Dukan diet do to keep on track! That yogurt looks so yummy, I wish we had them in RSA! Thinking back a couple of years ago, Danone had these awesome dessert flavoured fat free yogurts here - apple crumble, lemon meringue pie and something berry, mmmm, miss those! I am however lucky enough to have those Jell-O puddings here, MAN, what a life saver!
    If you like, you can check out my blog too: http://janiebdukandietblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete