Sunday, April 15, 2012

30 lbs LOST (cont...)

This was my dress that I squeezed into today.  It actually looked more flattering, I just didn't pose very well.  As you can see, I'm standing right next to the dessert table with lots of cakes, none of which I was even tempted to eat!

I felt really great in my dress, and it was the dress I wanted!  I was worried it wouldn't fit, but I got in there.  The greatest reward other than my health has been the ability to walk into a store and try on clothes that I like.  Before, I was so limited on what I could try on because the stuff I liked didn't come in my size.
I know my journey is no where near being over, but I've gotten to a point where I can say, "Hey, wait a minute!  I did something really great here!"  It's important to stop and take time to pat yourself on the back.  You can't always be looking at the final number.  I mean I still have 40 lbs to go- if I focused on that I would too easily get frustrated, and feel like it's never enough, and that's not the case.  With every pound comes a kind of victory in the fight against fat!
I had a great day today.  Below is a picture of some of the food.  None of which I ate, except for a little bit of the grilled skirt steak (churrasco).  I had a wheatgrass shot for breakfast, then for lunch I had a fat-free yogurt.  I then had a little bit of the steak when everyone was eating, and then when most of the guests left I made some Kale.  There were some comments from the remaining guests, but you know what I don't care- I'm eating healthy- get used to it!  I only had champagne at the toast, and no more alcohol.  I have gained the confidence and discipline that I lacked in all my other diets.  I don't even get in the "I'll burn it off later mode".







To be honest, I look at it all, and it no longer looks like food anymore.  It's not what I want to put in my body.  I think it's also because I have come to find healthier "cheat foods" that has made it easier for me to completely put all these carbs into another category, which is not food for me.  It's all just part of the decor!
Here are some pics of what they had ....
Desserts (left), Steak, Rice, Potatoes, and Empanadas which were gone (bottom left), Chicken Parm, Pene alla Vodka, Meatballs, and bread (bottom right).


6 comments:

  1. Excellent dress! You look fantastic in it! I just keep being inspired by people with fantastic before and after images!

    Good luck with the last 40 pounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you say is absolutely true: focusing on the final number is completely counter-productive!!! I learned that along the way. Especially if you have a lot of weight to lose, the small steps along the way will already make you feel totally amazing! That's so important to keep in mind! Great post ... and GREAT DRESS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man you look so good! Congratulations.

    Really, look at those legs! VA VA VOOM!

    And its not food :P Its garbage. Continue on your journey, you are doing fantastically!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sooooo much you guys! Your support always is such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Dukan stopped loving me hard for the past two days (it's like the pounds just leapt back on!) and I was cruising around for some inspiration. Thanks for providing it!

    H

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous! You should be proud of yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete