Saturday, April 7, 2012

New Start and juicing!




I took a week "off" the diet and by off, I just mean that I wasn't monitoring (strictly) what I ate, and basically acted, as I would have had I reached my goal weight.  I'm happy to report that I did not put on any weight even with the additions of some questionable foods.  I tried to make healthy choices even when I wasn't logging in my food.  I was staying at a friend's house for a week, so I didn't have my scale, my sneakers (to workout) or my DUKAN-ready fridge.  I tried to as best as I could, and for the most part it was as though I was on the consolidation phase.  I didn't eat any breads, pastas, rice or potatoes, BUT I did have about 3 bites of a chocolate lava cake (dinner out), 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt ice cream (work birthday party) and drinks (about 2- either wine, diet cokes, or vodka martinis) through out the week at various social gatherings.  Other than that I pretty much stuck to my modified-dukan (all PV).
To be honest, although I was doing really well on the diet, I guess I felt I needed some time "off" - not because of the food, but I just didn't want to think about anything.  There were a lot of things going on, and I was on full avoidance mode, but I am proud that for the most part I was honest with myself about the whole things, which kept me from binging or eating anything that was "too" bad.  This gave me some confidence for what it will be like, after Dukan.
Today is Saturday, and I need to really catch up this weekend to get back on track.  The diet is not difficult, but it is time consuming to do it right.  There's a lot of prepping that needs to be done in order to avoid any pitfalls.  On the bright side- I ordered a juicer and a food dehydrator.  Obviously, I can't have fruit, but I will maybe sneak some in from time to time to see how my body reacts to the sugar, but not till I drop about 2lbs to get to 30 lbs lost.  When I get to 35 lbs lost (MIDWAY POINT) I will introduce fruits back in.  I find that this way of doing the dukan works well for me, and helps me make active choices about what I put into my body.
Above you can see my groceries for the week!!!  I still have a freezer stocked with Salmon, chicken breasts, and turkey ground beef-- Can't wait to get back into my Journey-- sorry for the detour!



No comments:

Post a Comment