Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 2

Today I started Day 2 of my Dukan Diet. I decided to do a Blog because I was so motivated by other people's success, and I wanted to track my own progress to see what was working and what wasn't.

Yesterday was the first day of my Diet. My boyfriend is gone for 2 weeks, so I thought this would be the perfect time to put things in high gear and GO FOR IT! I was skyping with a friend who's been on the diet for some months with great success loosing over 30 lbs. She's a great inspiration and looks AMAZING, so I am hoping to follow in her foot steps and get to my goal which is almost 70lbs away.

If I think about the number it's overwhelming. It didn't pack on overnight, so I know it will take time, dedication, perseverance and tenacity, but I have to do it! I have given up too much and have the world to gain!

I will try to post what I eat everyday, so that others can follow the plan as well. I am also using "myfitnesspal", which I highly recommend to anyone trying to loose weight. It tracks your caloric intake and output, sort of like a free weight watchers.

I have found that, thus far, the diet is pretty simple to follow even in the "Attack Phase" where I am now. Basically, phase one is pure protein and nothing but protein. I am not much into sweets, so this hasn't been a problem and to be honest after living in Italy for 3+ years, I can take a nice holiday from the Carbs. I have notice that the hardest time for me is in the evenings, but I'm hoping as the diet progresses this will change. I am surprisingly under 1000 calories per day, and this is not on purpose. I just find that with protein, I eat more times per day, but smaller quantities, so maybe at night my body expects "the next meal". Yesterday's diet consisted mainly of tuna, eggs and grilled chicken breast. This morning I had dropped 1.8lbs, so lets see where this thing goes.


Food diary 1/13/12

Foods

Calories

Carbs

Fat

Protein

Cholest

Sodium

Sugars

Fiber

Breakfast

Generic - Coffee With 2% Milk, 1 mug (12 oz)

30

0g

1g

0g

0mg

0mg

0g

0g

Egg Land's Best - All Natural Large Eggs , 2 egg

140

0g

8g

12g

340mg

130mg

0g

0g

Lunch

Generic - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts-Raw, 4 oz

110

0g

3g

21g

60mg

260mg

0g

0g

Dinner

Homemade - Chicken Leg and Thigh Boiled, 1 leg quarter

190

0g

13g

19g

85mg

180mg

0g

0g

Home Made - Chicken Bone Broth, 2 cup**

80

0g

20g

7g

6mg

600mg

0g

0g

Snacks

Chobani - Greek Non-Fat Plain, 4 ounces

70

5g

0g

12g

0mg

53mg

5g

0g

Generic - Chicken Breast - Grilled, Skinless, 4 oz, 4 oz

150

0g

2g

24g

0mg

0mg

0g

0g

Starkist - Albacore Tuna (Solid White) In Water , 3 oz drained

105

0g

3g

20g

38mg

285mg

0g

0g

Egg Land's Best - Large Natural Egg (White Only, No Yolk), 2 egg

34

0g

0g

7g

0mg

110mg

0g

0g

TOTAL:

909

5g

50g

122g

529mg

1,618mg

5g

0g



Exercises

Calories

Minutes

Sets

Reps

Weight

Cardiovascular

Dancing, general

222

30

TOTALS:

222

30

0

0

0



**Note for the dinner I took a chicken leg/thigh and boiled it-- I used the left over water as the broth-- not sure exactly how many calories that had. The broth was very good and curbed my appetite for a bit and then I had the leg/thigh

No comments:

Post a Comment