Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 9 (Chunking!)



Now that I've completed a full week, I've decided to weigh myself 1/week rather than 1/day. I think this will keep me more motivated, and also the battery on my scale is dying. I want to get a new scale anyways.

I didn't sleep so great last night. I was tired but I stayed up watching a movie, so I didn't get to bed till after midnight and then something woke me up at 4 am, and it was hard getting back to sleep. Well my mood is not so great today either.

I started the day feeling down and focusing on how looooong I still need to go :(
2 days on Attack phase, and 3 months on cruise-- it was a bit overwhelming. Then I started thinking about all the areas of my life that are NOT where they need to be, and it wasn't even 11am, and I was totally unmotivated.

Of course I took to my normal routine and started venting to a friend, and she put me in my place- I guess a bit of tough love is what I needed. Got up and started cleaning, and I'm still working on this un-cluttering thing, so I will focus on that. At least that's doable. She gave me great advice! I need to start chunking things down. Looking at the big picture, just makes everything look impossible, but maybe chunking things down into smaller pieces seems more feasible. It's just too easy to get stuck on thinking and worrying about things.

So my goal for today-- change my focus! I know my mood will affect my diet, so I need to keep positive. Must sound strange after having accomplished a great week. I guess the truth is that the diet was helping me stay focused on something, but I don't want to just work on my diet and ignore all the other areas of my life. I want to do a whole transformation- because that's what I deserve! It's not like I want to change into a different person, I just want to change into the person I used to be- the real me! And I know if I don't do that-- no matter what diet I'm on or how much weight I loose- there will come a time-- when the stress will be too much and BAM!!! The weight will start coming back on.

This is not just about loosing weight-- it's about gaining control (back)-- AND MAINTAINING IT!!!

Just want to say thank you to all those who are supporting me along the process-- could never do it without your support-- you know who you are!

*Image from: http://mindpowermarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/takingsteps.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment