Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 8 AM !!!!!REACHED GOAL!!!!!

Total: -8 lbs
Today: -2 lbs

I DID IT!!! I reached my goal averaging 1lb/week. I wanted it for yesterday Day 7, but I guess today is really a full week, since I started last Wed mid-day. This came at a great time because I was really down yesterday about not meeting my goal and some other little things.

Well I went back to my food diary to do some (quick) statistical analysis- I think I will do some more investigation later today, but what did I notice:

So yesterday I wanted to loose 1.4 lbs and I really pushed myself exercising and lost only 0.4lbs the least that I've lost on the diet-- well I checked the carbs for the previous day (I had a lot of yogurt) and they were 45g total.

Now today I lost 2lbs and did only a mild 20' workout last night. BUT!!! check out my carb intake for yesterday-- 14g total!!!

I need to go back and see what it was like the rest of the days in comparison to what I ate. I guess this is why it's good to track all of this.

So...now the big question: How long should I stay on the "Attack Phase" of the diet?

Should I just stick it out for 2 more days (+today)? Although I've been taking a multivitamin daily, I feel like my body needs something more. Maybe it's all psychological, but yesterday I was wondering "why is this diet such a hit in Europe, and not in the US?" I mean most of the other english blogs that I've seen are people from the UK. I started thinking and then I had a scary thought. I think I will make a separate post about my concern because I think it's a valid one, and I need to look into it more.

So what's my concern, you ask? Well, I lived in Italy for 3.5 years and the great thing there is that, all the food is already organic. Everything is fresh! I hope the vegetarians will forgive me, but I started thinking about how many animals I must have consumed while on this diet. Also food products like eggs, yogurt, and milk. Then I started thinking about all the stuff that goes into that in the US - hormones, antibiotics and who knows what else-- well I got SCARED!

I buy my milk, yogurt and eggs organic, but I can't afford to buy organic meat- and especially NOT in these quantities. So, I started re-thinking everything. I need to ponder on this- research- and write a longer more informative blog. Honestly weighing the pros and cons.

In the meantime, I will try to stick to my attack phase for the 10 days, but I'm going to try not to get too obsessed about the food like yesterday, and hold off on my real heavy workouts till the cruise phase, which will be this weekend -10 days.

1 comment:

  1. One thing I forgot to mention -- Last night I had the best sleep since the diet and in a REALLY long time-- I told you guys-- it really does seem to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete